Internship and Job adverts
BDL – Chartered Patent Agent / European Patent Attorney
Beau de Loménie, a leading European IP firm, is looking for a UK patent expert both qualified as a Chartered Patent Agent and as a European Patent Attorney.
As one of Europe’s leading IP firms ranked as Top tier Firm by Legal 500, MIP/IPStars, IP Patent 1000 and Juve Patent for over a decade, we represent clients, from blue chip companies to SMEs, in a wide range of sectors, and can provide the successful candidate with varied and interesting work.
The successful candidate will be a European Patent Attorney and registered UK patent attorney with at least five years post-qualification experience and demonstrable ability to work autonomously, as well as good technical knowledge and experience.
Salary: £85k-£110k depending on skills and experience.
Benefits: 25 days holiday, employer-contributions to personal pension, profit-related pay scheme.
Location: home-based or coworking, with regular travel to Paris.
- Represent the firm in the UK, and provide information and advice to colleagues elsewhere in the firm in regard to UK IP law and practice.
- As part of an international team, advise clients on their inventions, draft patent applications, and manage the patent application process at the EPO as well as in the other main IP5 offices and the UK and German patent offices.
- Conduct oral proceedings at the EPO.
- Mentor and/or coach trainee European patent attorneys.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
You will be a qualified European Patent Attorney and UK-registered patent attorney, with a minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification experience. The best candidates will have experience in drafting patents in relation to computer-implemented inventions, physics or mechanics and in representing clients at EPO oral proceedings.
You will need to:
- Work well independently
- Manage your time effectively
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, colleagues and third parties
- Have commercial awareness
- Have good IT skills
Please send applications, including CV and application letter, to Karine COURANT – HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), or with the contact form below.